Sunday, July 24, 2005

WORLDWIDE REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE JULY 24th 2005 - LETS GET THESE PEOPLE SOME HELP ??

LIVELIHOOD PROJECT – BASIC INFORMATION

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANT


1 - KRISHNAPILLA KUNAMATHI - Poultry Project

Krishnapilla Kunamathi is a female of 22 years residing at Weaving Centre Fourth Road in Akkarapattu-07. She is not married and has an elder sister. Her father K. Krishnapillai had died long before the tsunami. Her mother, K. Thavarasi born on April 18th in the year 1951 survived with her left leg being broken. Kunamathi survived with forehead and knee injuries.

The house in which they lived was completely destroyed causing a total loss of house and property to the worth of around 4300 US Dollars. They also lost jewelries and clothes worth around 150 US Dollars.

This is what she said to us:

“I lived in my native house with my 55 years old sick mother when the tsunami waves destroyed house completely. We were left with nothing to live. My mother is now living in a camp with my elder sister.
I can not live in the camp due to various problems that arise within the camps, specially concerning young women. I am only 22 years of age. At present I am living with my relatives.


Nature of Project and Assistance seeking for

She has sufficient skills on poultry farming but does not have the capital fund to start this project. She is also able to do sewing and also has the necessary skills.

She is looking for about 250 US Dollars to start this project.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2- ANNANTHARAJA RAJITHA – Bakery Project

Annantharaja RAJITHA, a female of 20 years living in Thampaddai in Akkarapattu, is a member of family of four. She is not married. She has a sister of 18 years. Her father, Anantharaja, aged 48 is living but her mother Mahalakshmi, was killed by the tsunami waves at the age of 41 years. Her father, her sister and herself were badly injured by tsunami. The whole family underwent a long period of troma due the loss of Mahalakshmi and the shock they faced. Her father’s hands and thigh were injured and her sister Vinoja has been effected mentally due to the loss of her mother. Rajitha herself were injured all over the body. Being a social worker, Rajitha was able give the courageous support to the family during the time of the disaster.

The family completely lost two of their houses worth 10,000 US Dollars and the bakery with all the equipment valued at 2500 US Dollars was washed away. They also lost jewelry worth around 450 US Dollars.

This is what she said to us:

“I am 20 years old and lost 7 members of my immediate family members including my mother. They are my cousins and in laws. I do not have a place to live now and therefore have been forced to live with my aunt. My sister is still schooling and next year she will be sitting for the G.C.E. ( Advanced Level) [ the university entrance exams ] next year. My father has taken up to alcohol as he could not bear the loss of his partner. I have been forced to take up the responsibility of the future of my sister.

Nature of Project and Assistance seeking for

She had been running a bakery with the support of his cousin. This cousin of his also lost his mother and sister. He lives is a very helpless and desperate condition. In order to re-start the bakery they need at least 1000 US dollars.
They have managed to raise 500 US Dollars. If someone is prepared to bridge the gap then the bakery could be started and a life support be given.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. SELVARAJA MENAKA - Mobile Business or Sewing Project

Selvaraja MENAKA of Batian Road , Akkarapattu, is a unmarried female. She is a member of a family of five. Her father Selvaraja is aged 50 years and mother Sarasvathi also of the same age. She has a sister by the name of Roomiya and is 15 year of age and is schooling. No one of her family died but her father and mother suffered very badly injuries..

The house in which they lived was living was destroyed by the tsunami tidal waves and all of her household belongings were stolen by thieves. The family owned a push bicycle this too was taken away by the sea. The house was valued at 5000 US Dollars

This is what she said to us:

“ We are a daily wage earning family. My father is the only bread winner and he works as a cooli ( labourer ) Unfortunately he cannot do this work now as he is injured..

Nature of Project and Assistance seeking for

The family hopes to engage in a mobile business using a push bicycle. The assistance sort is a push cycle that would cost around 80 US Dollars and cash to the value to 150 US dollars as capital for the business.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


4 - KANAPATHIPILLAI KAMALADEVI – Micro business Project


Kanapathipillai Kamaladevi living along the Central Road in Karathivu is a unmarried female of 32 years. She is a member of a family of four. Her father Kanapathi is aged 72 years and mother Kannamani is 61 years. She has a sister of 25 years called Sasikala. Non of the family member died but all were very badly injured. Her fatheres leg and shoulder were injured and is now unmovable. Her mother suffered leg injuries, while her sister and herself suffered injuries in the arm.

What they have lost is the house, a push bicycle, money and household goods to the value of 500 US dollars. .

This is what she said to us:

“ We had been living with my sick mother in our native house until the tsunami destroyed it. Now my father, mother and sister are living in a refugees camp. My father is a difficult person. Due to various problem that occur within the camp a unmarried women of 32 years find it difficult to live there. As such I am now living in the house of a relative.”

Nature of Project and Assistance seeking for

She wants to start a micro business along with sewing. The assistance sort is 300 US Dollars to meet these expenses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. ARUMUGAM CHITRA DEVI – Mirco Business and sewing Project

Arumugam CHITRADEVI, a female and a member of a family of four lives in Thampiya Road in Karathivu. She is married and is living with her husband. Her father, Arumugam is 78 years old and her mother Sithapillai is 67 years old. All of them were injured by the tsunami but no loss of live.

There house that was valued around 4000 US Dollars and Jewelry value around 400 Dollars were lost.

This is what she said to us:

“ My parents, my husband and me are living in one small zink hut in the camp. The space is not enough to live for even two person. We are a married couple and still have no children and do not have any privacy. This is causing us great difficulty in leading a family life with a lot of mental agony.

Nature of Project and Assistance seeking for

Want to start a micro business along with sewing and needs 300 US dollars.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. ARULAMPALAM SUYANTHI - Micro Business Project

Living is Karathivu SUYANTHI is a member of a family of three and a unmarried women. Her father Arulampalam is 75 years and her mother Sarasvathi is 47 years. All of them sustained serious injuries by the tsunami. Her mothers shoulder and the leg has been broken and Suyanthi’s hand broken.

There house was destroyed causing a loss of 5000 US Dollars and the loss of jewelry around 500 US dollars.

This is what she said to us:

“ We are now living in a camp in a small structure. This is not a place suitable for me to stay. All cultural values and the family structure is being destroyed here. There are many incidents happening against women and children within the camp and there is no security. I like move out of this camp as soon as possible, if I can do some self-employment to support ourselves.

Nature of Project and Assistance seeking for

Want to start a micro business along with sewing and needs 400 US dollars

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. MOHAMED FALEE RASITHA- Poultry Farm Project.

Mohamed Faleel RASITHA is a unmarried women of 30 years. She lives with her parents and brothers and sisters in Mustafa Puram in Ninthavur. In total there are six members in their family including herself. Her father Faleel, is 56 years old and her mother Subaitha is 52 years. She has two brothers aged 32 years and 23 years and one sister aged 25 years. No one in their family died but her32 years old brother Mawjood and her mother suffered severe injuries. Her brothers arm and leg has been broken and is not able to move while her mother suffered severe head injuries. The family house was completely destroyed causing a loss around 6000 US Dollars. Further they lost all the jewelry and a motorcycle value at 1400 US Dollars.
This is what she said to us:

“ Our house is located 220 meters away from the sea. The tidal waves came inland upto 350 meters at one uniform speed and then it spread to another 400 meters. My sister and myself were at my uncle’s house and my father gone to the paddy field when the waves came in. One of my brother had gone out somewhere. It was only my mother and my elder brother who were in the house. They could not do anything other than to run for their life. While they ran, they fell down and sustained the injuries. Some of the household goods were washed away by the sea while the rest were stolen by thieves.

Nature of Project and Assistance seeking for

She has good knowledge and experience in poultry farming. One of her cousin sister has offered a piece of land to start the poultry farm industry. She needs 400 US Dollars to start this poultry project.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. M. SUHASINI – Sewing Project

SUHASINI is a member of a family of three. She is a female of 24 years and not married. Both her parents are living and sustained leg and arm injuries by the tsunami tidal waves.

They suffered a property loss around 8000 US Dollars and jewelry around 1000 US dollars.

This is what she said to us:

“ I am the last one in my family. When the tsunami tidal waves stuck I was in my uncle’s hjouse. His house is very closed to the sea ( around 50 meters) . I was washed to the sea and was fighting in the water for about 5 minutes until someone came and saved my life. Immediately I was taken to the hospital. I was sent home after 24 hours but there was no home. I searched for my father and mother and later came to know they were in the camp. When I went there I saw him lying on the ground with a broken hand and my mother was crying. I was earning some living by sewing and now I found that the sewing machine and my jewelries lost.

Nature of Project and Assistance seeking for

She wants to re-start her sewing and tailoring business. She seeks 250 US Dollars to purchase a sewing machine and raw materials.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. YOUSUF LEBBE FALEELA - Poultry Farm Project

Yousuf Lebbe FALEELA lives alone with her sick mother, Saviruumma who is 64 years old. Her father had died long ago. Her family had been supported by an uncle who also lost his life due to tsunami. Faleela is not married. Bother her mother and she suffered severe injuries on their arm and leg.

The losses caused to the house and other properties is around 8000 US Dollars and Jewelry worth around 1250 US Dollars.

This is what she said to us:

“ My house is situated 300 meters away from the sea. Along with my mother and me an uncle of mine was staying with us and supporting. By the tidal was his life was lost. Now I am staying with my sick mother who is very feeble. She is also now mentally unbalanced. The is no way to support our lives. When the waves came in, I ran out of my house carrying my mother. My sewing machine and 67 hens that were in the poultry were taken by someone.

Nature of Project and Assistance seeking for

She is well experienced in poultry farming and tailoring. She is expecting US Dollars 250 to start her income generation project.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger job opportunitya said...

Great blog.  I just like the site and I will get a
visit again! In my spare time I usually try and look
for blogs just as neat as yours.
Hey playa! You need to check out my blog.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home