Thursday, June 09, 2005

60/70's Muscial Event...

Saturday 14th May..

After a long week of excitement, was very much looking forwards to the fund-raising event, which was The 60/70's Musical Extravaganza whose idea was by Nicki Ford & Linda Holland, to raise money for me, I was honoured & pleased that so many people from Beccles who have kindly donated so many gifts for the raffle & auction. I arrived earlier to offer a hand with the tables & chairs, Roy who did the lighting made us all a cuppa tea!
The Public Hall was free, Elvis, the Silverfox disco & the Band all offered their services free which was wonderful gesture! Cliff Cox the ex pubowner gave his time to serve drinks for the thirsty clubbers. It started at 7.30pm till 11pm, I even dressed up in 70's wearing huge blonde curly wig, purple floppy hat, purple top & bright orange trousers with platform shoes! oh yes pink sunglasses. it was so good to see old faces & for everyone to support WDH a charity that I am committed with. I am very grateful to Linda & Nicki for their hard work in making this event go well, I gave them a bouquet of flowers to thank them.
We are planning more fund raising events, 1 will include families. Total raised (will add this once I know exact amount)

Elvis on stage, singing one of his hits!

Elvis doing his impression on the girls

Elvis dancing & singing with the girls

2 Doormen on duty

Inside Beccles Public Hall

6 Comments:

Blogger Steve Cooke Scotland Entrepreneur said...

WELL DONE EVERYONE CONNECTED TO THIS!!!

4:31 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Unusual blog. I liked the site its from so much I
have to visit it again! I surf the web for blogs like
yours in my spare time.
It may look like it was hard work, but my car donation blog was simple.

1:43 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Awesome blog. I'm loving the site and I have to
return there soon! Going online, when I have the time,
I look for blogs close to your work!
Hey playa! You need to check out my charity car donation blog.

7:11 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Exciting blog. The site out did itself and will be
back! I love surfing the internet for blogs that are
exactly like this blog.
Where you been? You have got to look at my car donation used blog!

9:10 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

I took pleasure in the site and I will go back!
Surfing online for blogs like this one is worth my
time. Sensational blog.
Please come by and see my car donation blog.

7:10 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

I look for blogs as great as your work. Fine
blog. I found your site suitable for another visit!
In an efford of finding the right info, check for my car donation massachusetts blog site.

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home